Monday, August 2, 2010

Thighing High


Before I go grocery shopping I like to plan out my meals for the week so that I don't buy a lot of food that I won't use and to save a little money on my grocery bill (which I am sure my mom is happy about as well).

This week for dinner I am going to make one of those grill recipes that I posted last Wednesday (I'm thinking about the chopped summer salad depending on how much how those veggies are this week), and I am also going to make one of my favorite dishes:

Chicken Thighs with Artichokes and Feta Cheese

Ingredients:
6 chicken thighs
1 clove garlic (crushed)
1 can/jar artichokes
1 tsp oregano
1/4 reduced fat feta cheese
salt and pepper (to taste)

Steps:
Combine chicken, artichoke hearts and liquid in a ziploc bag and marinate for 20 minutes. After it has marinated, drain liquid and add garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. (Meanwhile, oven should be pre-heated on the broil setting)

Place chicken and artichokes in a pan and broil 6-inches from heat for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, rotate chicken and broil for another 8-10 minutes (or until chicken is fully cooked)

Top chicken with feta cheese and broil for an additional minute - and the viola! Serve and eat!



Tips:
No tips for this one! I serve this as is - no side dish, nothing!
This dish adds up to about 5 WW* points depending on the cheese and how much chicken you make.

No comments: