Sunday, August 22, 2010

Prosciutto Wrapped Love

On Saturday we went tubing, and Justin and I had plans to go out for dinner with some friends later that evening. Once we got done tubing and made it home, the time we had to get showered and ready was running tight, and I really wanted to enjoy a nice appetizer and glass of wine with Justin.  T - 80 minutes.

After sorting through my mental catalogue of recipes I remembered reading about prosciutto wrapped melon, and I figured that would be easy enough. I stopped at Sniders, the little market by my apartment. They didn't have all cantaloupe, so I bought a fruit salad and figured that would have to do. I then got 3 slices of prosciutto sliced thin at the meat counter and went on my way.

Ingredients:
3 thin slices of prosciutto
melon - cantaloupe and honey dew
toothpicks

Steps:
Using a melon-baller, scoop of small melon balls and place on a platter

Place the prosciutto in a pan on medium heat. Wait for it to crisp up and flip - about 3 minutes each side.

Remove prosciutto from heat and cut into squares/rectangles.

Place prosciutto on top of melon, place toothpick in the center and ta-da! You have a delicious appetizer.


Tips: The salty and sweet combination of this appetizer is great. Make sure that the melon is fresh and ripe or else the flavors don't blend as well.

I served this up with some merlot and Justin and I shared some peace and quiet before dinner. Cheers!




1 comment:

Sam the G said...

Visually beautiful and it sounds tasty. Will have to try this sometime soon.

I like how this as well as your other offerings are tasy and pretty stress free to make. Because after all, if its going to frazzlle your nerves, where is the fun.

Bravo