Monday, August 9, 2010

One For All and All For Pie!

Zucchini is such a great veggie that I really enjoy cooked any which way. It's great on the grill at a summer bbq, it tastes good sauteed as a side dish, really it's just delicious in general.

Last night for dinner, Justin and I made a zucchini pie for dinner with this HUGE zucchini we picked from a friends garden. This was my first adventure into zucchini pie, but I think it was a success since Justin said "Well Jill, this is the first recipe you took from my mom and it actually tastes how she used to make it. I love you!"

So behold, Ms. Cheryl Pritchett's recipe for zucchini pie:

Ingredients:
3 cups diced zucchini
1 large onion chopped
1 slice of ham (cut about 1/4 inch thick) diced
4 eggs beaten
1/3 cup grated parmesean cheese
3/4 fat free cheddar cheese
1 cup Bisquick mix
1/4 cup vegetable oil
pepper to taste

Steps:
Preheat over at 350

Mix all ingredients and pour into a greased pie dish (or casserole dish)

Bake for 35-45 minutes


Tips:
I actually altered the recipe a little bit to healthify it. Instead of 4 eggs, I used 2 whole eggs and 3 egg whites.
I also skimped a little on the bisquick mix and the oil as well. And of course, all cheeses used were fat free! Still tasted yum-o.

No comments: