The recipe is for:
Sounds weird right?
Well before I give the recipe, let me provide you with some fun facts about kale.
- has been cultivated for over 2,000 years- is packed with compounds that help lessen the risk of some cancers
- is loaded with beta-carotine that is vital to good eye-sight
- provides you with 350% of your daily Vitamin A intake
- is an excellent source of Vitamin C which helps fight colds (so try munching on this in the winter time)
- has tons of other nutrients including calcium, iron, potassium and manganese
Now on to the recipe...
1 bunch of kale
2 tsp. evoo
salt to taste
Preheat oven to 375 F.
Line cookie sheets with foil or parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray
Tear the leaves off the thick stems into chip sized pieces.
Spread pieces out on cookie sheets. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle salt to taste. Bake 8 minutes or until edges are brown and kale is crispy when moved in pan.
I've got none! I have never made this but I wanted to share, hear your thoughts, and if anyone is inspired to make this before I have a chance to let me know how it turns out!!!
(Recipe from twitter friend Snack_Girl_ ... check out her site: http://www.snack-girl.com/ and follow her on twitter for some more awesome recipes!)