Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Say Cheese!

So when I was in New York City, my friends and I made a whole variety of food. We wanted a bunch of things that we could pick at, and since I knew we were having wine, my mind automatically went to cheese.

One of my most favorite and easiest cheese appetizers to make is a baked brie. I think everyone has their own way of making theirs, but I learned this recipe from one of my mom's friends who always makes a baked brie for the holidays.

Ingredients:
1 wheel brie cheese
1 can reduced-fat crescent rolls
1 jar sugar-free apricot preserves

Steps:
Preheat oven at 350

Unroll dough on a flat surface and cut in half.

Spread apricot preserves on both pieces of dough. Set one aside and place the other on a greased cookie sheet or in a greased pan.

Place the brie on top of the preserves, then take the other square of dough and place preserve-side down on top of the cheese. Seal the two pieces of dough together.

Bake until the dough is golden brown - about 20 - 25 minutes.

Serve warm with crackers!

Tips:
You can make this with any flavor preserves - I am interested in trying it with cranberries or pomegranate. Also, I have seen several recipes that use nuts as well. And I am definitely going to play around with cutting the dough, making designs, etc. to spice it up a little (well at least visually)

No comments: