Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Cool-as-a-Cucumber Salad!

Inspired by one of my favorite dips (dill dip), I made this cucumber side salad today when I got home from the gym to snack on while I contemplate what to make for dinner.

I sort of just threw some stuff together, but I will try and map it out as best as possible.

Cool-as-a-Cucumber Salad
Ingredients:
1 seedless cucumber, halved and sliced
3 tbsp. fat free sour cream (or greek yogurt, depending on what you have on hand)
lemon juice (about half a lemon)
1 -2 tbsp. dill
1-2 tbsp. dried minced onion

Steps:
Combine and eat! (or chill if you are serving later)

Tips:
For weight watchers points*, I would say 1 for the sour cream, and that's about it. Cucs are 0 points and the fat free sour cream is about 20 calories per tablespoon - depending on the brand you buy.

This is a great side dish when grilling or eating outside since it is super cool, and the sour cream/dill flavor really compliments the flavor of grilled meat!

No comments: