Monday, August 16, 2010

Blueberry Peach Heaven

I love to watch the food network. I especially like watching the food network before I am about to make dinner since watching other people make food revs up my appetite.

A few weeks ago while watch the food network, I witnessed Paula Deen making the most amazing and simple looking dutch oven blueberry peach cobbler. Now, I must admit I don't usually end up making all these masterpieces I see on TV, but this looked too delicious to pass up.

So the other night, after eating a small meal (chicken legs on the grill pan with some coleslaw), I made Paula Deen's dutch oven blueberry peach cobbler, and not to brag, but I did a GREAT job and it was sooooooo tasty.

Ingredients:
2-16 oz cans sliced peaches in syrup
1 pint fresh blueberries
1/2 C baking mix (Bisquick)
1/3 C sugar
ground cinnamon

Topping:
2-1/4 C baking mix
1/4 C sugar
1/4 C butter, melted
1/2 C milk (I used skim)
Cinnamon and sugar

Steps:
Preheat oven to 350

Drain one can of peaches, and then combine drained peaches, 1 can peaches and syrup, blueberries, Bisquick, sugar and cinnamon and place in a greased dutch oven or pie pan.

Cobbler with topping, before baking
To make the topping, combine Bisquick, butter, sugar and milk and mix until it forms into a dough like consistency. Using a spoon and your finger, drop scoops of topping over the peach/blueberry mixture. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
 
Tips: Don't be shy with the cinnamon-sugar topping. Also, next time I make this I am going to substitute the sugar for splenda and see how that turns out.

Also, I served this with a nice scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt and it really hit the spot!
 
Blueberry Peach Cobbler

No comments: